The type of material you choose to upgrade your kitchen with can either make or break your remodeling project. Most homemakers face the major challenge of choosing between natural and engineered stones.
Natural stones are created through a mixture of molten lava rocks and multiple minerals. They’re fused for a certain period, giving every stone a different pattern and texture. Moreover, the color of the natural stone is dependent on where they were quarried.
Types of Natural Stone
Here’s a list of the most popular natural stones that are used for bathroom and kitchen countertops:
Pros and Cons of Installing Natural Stones
- Natural stones outlive other materials like wood and laminate
- They can be cut in whatever shape you like
- They complement almost every theme and color
- They’re easy to clean and maintain
- They’re porous, making them susceptible to discoloration
- It’s hard to repair chipped stone
- It’s nearly impossible to match them
- They’re relatively pricey
Engineered stones are a man-made alternative to natural stones. They’re composed of both natural stones and adhesive elements.
Types of Engineered Stones
Here are some of the most famous types of engineered stones:
- Engineered Marble
Pros and Cons of Installing Engineered Stones
- They’re customizable
- They’re available in various colors and designs
- They’re easily available in the market
- They’re easy to clean
- They’re not easily shaped into bends and curves
- They don’t have distinctive features
Confused Which One to Install in Your Kitchen? Get In Touch With Professional Kitchen Slab Installation Services in Concord, CA
If you’re still confused about whether you should get engineered or natural stones for your kitchen, it’s best to contact our team right away. G.M. Marble & Granite offers professional slab fabrication and installation services in Concord, CA. We have experience of more than 30 years in the fabrication industry and can get the job done for you in no time. Moreover, we provide a wide range of slab installation and fabrication services including, marble slab installation, granite installation, quartz installation Bay Area, and more.
For further information, visit our website or reach out to us.